EH & S Specialist - Cleveland OH
DayGlo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a EH & S Specialist for their Cleveland manufacturing facilities.
The position is responsible for completing Environmental Health and Safety projects and regulated safety objectives within the DayGlo EH&S Department. The duties will include performing OSHA and EPA required safety training, performing EH&S required inspections, performing Job Hazard (JHA) and Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), organizing incident investigations, writing incident reports, maintaining EH&S records, both in print and electronic form, assisting in HAZOP initiatives for new products / processes, and assisting in company safety meetings. This position will be responsible for these activities at DayGlo facilities in the greater Cleveland area. 50% of time expected to be spent within manufacturing plants and laboratories.
- Perform EPA and OSHA required safety training.
- Perform or organize employee physicals, respirator fit, hearing protection and other Industrial Hygiene related activities.
- Perform EH&S audits and inspections.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis and Process Hazard Analysis.
- Assist in Hazardous Operation reviews (HAZOPS) of products and procedures.
- Assist in developing and administering corporate safety meetings and topics.
- Organize, initiate, and manage incident reviews and corrective action meetings.
- Receive, audit, organize and file incoming EH&S records such as Emission Reports, Hot Work Permits, Lock Out Tag Out sheets, Eye Wash Sheets, Ladder Inspection Sheets, Crane Inspection Sheets, and Scrubber sheets.
- Assist the Director of EH&S on current and new department projects.
- Maintain and Organize Cleveland based manufacturing procedures.
- Work with the Cleveland Emergency Response Team to organize training, exercise drills, equipment inspections and member recruitment.
- Maintain EH&S electronic and paper files.
- Supervise the Hazardous Waste Management for the Cleveland and Twinsburg facilities.
- Assist the Director of EH&S in the Development and maintenance of corporate EH&S Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Assist the Director of EH&S with filing regulatory reports and records.
- Conduct daily observation and interaction walks throughout facilities.
- Two – Five years of chemical, or EH&S related experience at a manufacturing facility.
- Preferred Bachelor Degree in EH&S or related field
- Computer Software skills such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, or similar programs.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills