Plant Supervisor - Cleveland OH
Dayglo was founded in the 1940’s as the inventors of fluorescent color. Our roots are bases on the principles of innovation and groundbreaking technology. We continue this tradition today by hiring people with these same values. We are looking for optimistic, motivated, and dedicated individuals who are committed to tackling complex challenges. Our employees have a long tenure, which provides the opportunity to work alongside knowledgeable colleges who respect and depend on one another and enjoy working together as a team.
So if you’re looking for the chance to develop your skills and grow in your career, check out the available positions below.
Supervises a staff involved in the day-to-day manufacture and shipment of chemicals in order to meet production schedules and order requirements.
- Upholds and enforces all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) requirements.
- Plans and schedules orders for production to maximize use of manpower and equipment and ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Supervises hourly employees engaged in the production of chemicals, the disposal of waste and/or the operation of packaging equipment.
- Coordinates production and shipping activities with necessary groups and production shifts to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for ensuring that processing equipment is in good operating condition. Recommends equipment upgrading, replacement or addition, when necessary.
- Ensures that inventory controls are maintained on all raw materials, supplies and finished products to ensure on-time shipments. Orders shipping and manufacturing supplies as needed.
- Utilizes MS-168 methodologies and practices for continuous improvements of customer delivery, production efficiency, quality and cost reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for keeping the work area safe. Ensures that supporting staff maintains and follows safety and manufacturing procedures to comply with governmental regulations.
- Maintains a clean plant through good housekeeping practices and adherence to 5S principles.
- Responsible for the proper operation of the plant water treatment units, chemical analysis of plant effluent and the operation of plant utilities. Works with EH&S to stay within all governmental guidelines for waste effluent.
- Trains and motivates a supporting staff. Conducts annual performance appraisals. Initiates commendations and disciplinary action, as required.
- Prepares and maintains accurate reports, as required and provides management with appropriate information.
- Is responsible for maintaining cost center 6806 within budget.
Requires knowledge of the manufacturing processes and the ability to direct workers. An undergraduate degree in chemistry, engineering or a related field is preferred. Requires an individual with 3 – 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Must possess proper safety habits and ability to solve problems and work with people.
We offer 401k (matching), Pension, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Life, Vacation & Paid Excused Absence