Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a 2nd Shift Supervisor at their Cleveland Manufacturing Facilities.
· Ensures the efficient manufacturing of products to maximize use of manpower and equipment and to minimize overtime. Assists in driving RPM’s MAP to Growth continuous improvement efforts.
· Implements production plans and schedules and solves problems in accordance with department policy.
· Supervises an hourly staff in maintaining a clean and orderly department and in carrying out safety and manufacturing procedures to comply with governmental regulations.
· Notifies Plant Superintendent or Maintenance Department about equipment maintenance needs.
· Maintains a clean Plant through good housekeeping practices and adherence to the 5S program.
· Assists with maintaining effective inventory levels of both raw materials and finished goods. Accurately completes paperwork and prepares reports as required.
· Trains and motivates an hourly staff. Initiates commendations and disciplinary action as required. Conducts performance appraisals.
· Interfaces with other shift personnel to ensure smooth transition among the shifts.
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of relevant industrial experience is required. A working knowledge of the chemical industry is essential. Must have the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers. Detail oriented, good analytical skills, negotiation skills, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Must have previous experience with ERP systems (Microsoft AX experience is preferred).
If you’re interested in this position please email your resume to email@example.com