Customer Service Manager - Cleveland, Ohio
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world's largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening at its Cleveland, Ohio headquarters for a Customer Service Manager. This person will be responsible for overseeing the activities of the Customer Service Department with a focus on improving the customer service experience, creating engaged customers, and increasing customer loyalty and retention. Ensures complete customer satisfaction with delivery, billing accuracy and information flow. This is a full time exempt level position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the activities of the Customer Service Department which is responsible for taking orders over the telephone, fax, or via email, entering the orders into the Microsoft Dynamics AX system and keeping customers informed of the order disposition up to the point of successful delivery.
- Leads the Customer Service team and nurtures an environment where team members can excel. Responsibilities include interviewing and selecting; communicating job expectations; directing work; evaluating job performance; training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining; recommending compensation actions; addressing complaints and resolving problems; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Develop customer service procedures, policies and standards; Researches strategies to further improve the customer experience and quality of service; Encourages team members to look for opportunities for process simplification and improvements; Focus on continuous process improvement through evaluating processes and implementing changes.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; Conduct surveys and analyze information; Set reasonable customer satisfaction goals and work with the team to meet them on a consistent basis.
- Administration of inventory levels to the min/max levels set by marketing managers; Provision of order/inventory information to customers, sales and management.
- Successfully liaise with other Departments such as Production, QC, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing to ensure that commitments to deliver are honored or amended with the full knowledge of the customer.
- Anticipate and resolve customer issues and follow problems through to resolution; Expedition of special customer needs; De-escalation of customer service issues.
- Handles routine customer service duties as required such as order entry and inquiries for list pricing, standard literature, etc.
- Produces sales reports and analysis for management on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
Minimum position qualifications:
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 10 years’ experience in managing customer relationships, both domestic and export. A minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience. Dynamic leader with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, and the ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers. Strategic thinking, results driven, and a creative problem solver. Strong computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus. Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred. Ability to travel as needed.