Maintenance Electrician - Cleveland, OH
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Maintenance Electrician for their Cleveland manufacturing facilities.
Electrical installation of new and trouble-shooting and repair of existing electrical and control equipment. Assist in major mechanical repairs and conduct routine mechanical repairs. Prepare purchase requisitions for materials needed for stock and for the completion of projects. Perform inspection rounds and train other Maintenance employees. All work must be done in a safe, neat and accurate manner. Housekeeping must be maintained. Must adhere to any Quality Process implemented by the Company.
- Must acceptably complete training programs of department and maintain a satisfactory skill level in skills covered.
- Must be capable of making all required electrical installations and to trouble-shoot the same, while meeting all Local, State and National electrical safety codes.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints, electrical diagrams, PLC diagrams and ladder logic, sketches, parts lists, manuals, bills-of-material and work orders.
- Must have a working knowledge of general mechanical tasks.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the attached electrical job skills.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner, maintaining good housekeeping conditions in all areas.
MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN JOB SKILLS:
- Machine electrical installation, trouble-shooting, repair and over-haul.
- Plant lighting installation and repair.
- AC and DC motor diagnosis and repair.
- AC motor starter and associated control logic-repair and replacement
- National Electric Code.
- Control equipment, timers and instrumentation.
- Relays, switches and contacts.
- Electrical test instruments.
- Conduit and Wiring.
- NEMA ratings, panels and circuit breakers.
- Explosion-proof electrical installations.
- Lift truck-training course.