Maintenance Mechanic (CA) - Cudahy, CA
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic for their Cudahy, California manufacturing facility.
Responsible for installation and repair of mechanical systems, pipe fitting and plumbing, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics as well as machine trouble shooting and repair.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for materials needed for stock as well as for completing assigned projects.
- Perform inspection rounds, initiate work orders as required and trains assigned personnel.
- Work in a safe, efficient manner and maintain good housekeeping conditions in all areas.
- Inspect, repair, install, lubricate, adjust, relocate and reinstall equipment and related items using a variety of mechanical skills.
- Read and interpret diagrams, sketches, part lists, manuals, bills-of-material and work orders.
- Working knowledge of electricity and be capable of repairing/installing fixtures and equipment up to 220 Volts.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Assists in production as demand requires or in the absence of hourly personnel.
- Responsible for the checking and labeling of Solid non-RCRA Hazardous Waste “boat” along with assuring that recycle mill wash drums are labeled clearly and correctly. Annual Hazardous Waste Training is required.
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five years of trade or maintenance experience. Must be able to read, write and speak English, follow verbal and written instructions, execute simple math calculations and pass lift truck operator’s test. Ability to work with people and vendors. Possess good planning /organizational abilities.