Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Plant Operator for their Twinsburg manufacturing facilities.
A fully trained operator functionally knows all aspects of shipping/receiving, grinding, and reactor operations at the Twinsburg Facility. Strictly adheres to all Company and Facility procedures, rules, and regulations. Operates all equipment in a safe and competent manner.
1. Performs job duties and/or tasks assigned by Supervision. Job duties particularly include the areas of shipping/receiving, inventory warehouse, grinding, and reactor operation in a manner in which all procedures, rules, and regulations are strictly followed. Tasks include any needed work effort that appropriately enhances the Twinsburg Facility.
2. Capable of training other Plant Operators in the areas of shipping/receiving, grinding, and reactor operations dependent upon individual experience and proficiency in area of concern.
3. Communicates problems to Supervisors or Plant Manager in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Exhibits team attitude in all aspects of job performance including such things as working with R&D, Quality Control, Maintenance and other Manufacturing personnel to minimize the generation of substandard product as well as the successful introduction of new products into the Facility processes.
5. Assists Supervisors in keeping track of supplies.
6. Makes recommendations to Supervisors and Plant Manager that may increase productivity, safety, and housekeeping effectiveness.
7. Adheres to current Company and Facility safety and “5S” housekeeping policies.
8. Assists Supervisors in the upkeep of Operational Records in accordance to Facility policies.
9. Assists in the communication needed to insure smooth shift-to-shift transitions.
10. Annual hazardous waste training is required for Operators who handle hazardous waste.
11. Certified DOT HazMat training, which is renewable every two years.
High school graduate or equivalent necessary. Must have good communication skills with a cooperative and discipline attitude to assure appropriate work ethic. Requires the ability to lift 60 lbs. Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
If you’re interested in this position please email your resume to email@example.com