Plant Superintendent - Cudahy, CA
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Plant Superintendent for their Cudahy, California facility. This is a full time, exempt level position. This person will be responsible for staffing and directing all facility activities relating to Inventory Control, Engineering, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Shipping and Receiving, Warehousing, and Quality Control; adhering to Corporate EH&S policies; and taking on lead on initial environmental compliance/local response.
- Directs the manufacturing of various chemical products against established inventory requirements and customer service level goals. Determines appropriate raw material inventory levels to meet working capital goals.
- Selects, trains, develops and motivates a supporting staff. Conducts annual performance appraisals on all employees. Initiates salary adjustments as required.
- Prepares, monitors and administers annual expense budgets. Initiates and tracks Appropriation Requests against approved Capital Budgets.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulatory and environmental issues by working with DayGlo’s EH&S Department. Submits all required regulatory reports. Maintains responsibility for all Plant Utilities.
- Enforces plant safety through continual support, education and good housekeeping, striving for an accident free workplace.
- Facilitate and drive continual improvement in all areas of EH&S, Productivity, Facility Infrastructure/Maintenance and employee engagement.
- Establishes and maintains stock and raw material inventory requirements, based on analysis of sales data and forecasts. Approves and monitors new product inventory requirements.
- Enforces Compliance with company policies. Maintains good employee and community relations.
- Drive root cause investigations, and corrective action completion for all substantial EH&S incidents, near miss incidents, and other significant plant situations.
- Achieves, monitors and communicates annual objectives and facility performance to Cudahy workforce and DayGlo management.
- Coordinate plant efforts to reduce manufacturing costs through improvements to productivity, expense reduction, and capacity creation.
- Responsible for all training of Facility employees in the generation, handling and storage as well as shipping of Hazardous Waste. Also responsible for the documentation of the training records along with profiles and manifests of all Hazardous Wastes shipped from the Facility. Also serves as an Emergency Contact to our local Fire Department as prescribed in or SPCC Program.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science related fields and a minimum of 5-8 years of related industrial, supervisory/management experience. Good verbal, writing, analytical and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have strong leadership skills, a strong process improvement mindset and the ability to drive projects to completion. A working knowledge of accounting and strong computer skills are desirable.