Process Engineer - Twinsburg, OH
DayGlo Color Corp. the world's largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Twinsburg Process Engineer/Continual Improvement Coordinator for our Twinsburg Facility. This is a full time, exempt level position. This individual will be responsible for designing process systems, improving current processes and resolving process-related manufacturing problems, and for managing capital projects to include: cost effective capital projects, upgrades, installations, required documentation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors production processes and reviews procedures to ensure safe, timely and efficient manufacture of products without compromise to quality.
- Facilitate problem solving (root cause analysis) within process systems and equipment, to include evaluation studies and trial runs.
- Provides Manufacturing support, assistance, trouble-shooting and required reporting protocols of plant utilities/services, as needed, including:
- Plant air supply system
- Plant explosion protection system
- Plant process water system(s)
- Plant wastewater treatment system
- Experimental design, collection, compilation, organization, validation and presentation of analysis to Management Team.
- Redesigns and/or modifies existing processes and procedures to solve problems or improve procedures, as required.
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing principles and practices to improve processes.
- Design and implement new processes. Evaluates profitability, cost structure and prepare written justification.
- Prepares bid criteria to vendors for approved capital equipment purchase(s).
- Coordinates and oversees the installation of new equipment and processes through start-up, debug, operation and written procedures.
- Trains appropriate personnel in proper safe and efficient operating techniques.
- Technical liaison between new product development initiatives and integration into manufacturing operations, including technology transfer, scale-up, process optimization, and validation activities.
- As required, perform short and/or long-term special projects for improved efficiencies and cost reduction initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills:
- General understanding and fundamental working knowledge of the following:
- Pneumatic conveyance system of materials, including dust collectors.
- Plant air supply system.
- Explosion protection systems, including proper bonding, static charge dissipation.
- Plant process water supply system(s).
- Basic principles and design criteria for industrial ventilation applications.
- Mechanical improvements to machine design.
- Material handling systems.
- Operations of industrial machinery, equipment, drives, controls.
- Full scale unit operations of reaction chemistry, including: pressure, vacuum, heat exchange, condensation, mixing, controls, nitrogen inertness, packed bed scrubbers.
- Particle size reduction technologies.
- Mixing, phase separation, filtration, and rheology of chemical wastes and/or materials.
- Wastewater treatment operations to ensure compliance with local POTW guidelines.
- Conformance and support to EHS protocols of permitted sources per Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act and OSHA.
- Proper DOT handling, storage, labelling and shipment of hazardous materials and wastes.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles to be able to conduct lean improvement Kaizans and workshops.
Minimum position qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering or Science (i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials engineering, Physics, Chemistry)
- 3 – 5 years minimum industrial experience
- Lean Manufacturing – Black Belt Certification
- Safe management and practices of handling hazardous chemicals and waste streams