Purchasing Agent - Cleveland, OH
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Purchasing Agent at their Cleveland Headquarters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Procures materials and services from suppliers at the lowest cost, consistent with consideration to quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers to ensure consistent price and supply of materials and services. Uses RPM’s combined purchasing power, where applicable, to obtain favorable terms and conditions
- Coordinates with the RPM Center Led Procurement Team on DayGlo’s direct and indirect spend which includes actively participating on several teams representing the DayGlo Group
- Coordinates with Twinsburg and Cudahy purchasing personnel to procure materials and services in the most efficient, cost-effective manner
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance
- Follows up on backorders, expedites delivery of orders, and makes special arrangements for deliveries
- Processes requisitions, researches products and services, clarifies specifications, and documents competitive bidding
- Keep track of all goods and services ordered and received, and maintain accurate inventory records including details on price, performance and delivery
- Prepare and maintain purchasing reports, records and updated price lists
- Manages all materials related to Import documentation
- Communicates requested information to all appropriate departments
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of relevant industrial experience is required. A working knowledge of the chemical industry is essential. Must have the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers. Detail oriented, good analytical skills, negotiation skills, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Must have previous experience with ERP systems (Microsoft AX experience is preferred).