Regional Sales Manager - Southeast United States
The Regional Sales Manager Southeast is responsible for managing all facets of the region to attain sales volume goals and financial objective targets as assigned within area of responsibility. The position will be based out of a home office and will report to the Director of Sales. This position requires a high level of working knowledge of chemical processes and integrations within the plastics, coatings, cosmetics, and graphics arts industrial verticals. The Regional Sales manager will work closely with chemists and purchasing agents to sell in color solutions that fit manufacturing needs. Experience selling or integrating color into a manufacturing process is required. A chemistry degree is highly preferable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals in assigned geography including multiple states.
- Assess business conditions by geography and vertical market to modify local go to market strategy.
- Meet with key clients building relationships and negotiating to bring on new business.
- Provide samples, demonstrations, trials and support for prospective and current customers.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities for DayGlo products.
- Generate target list of large end-user customers to pursue. Utilize Sales Playbook to identify, develop, and close large-scale sales opportunities with targeted end-users.
- Direct and maintain all sales forecasting activities assisting operations on monthly planning.
- Manage customer financial management; to include pricing and profitability.
- Communicate competitive market pricing, including price advances or declines for customers. Be aware of and react to competitive products and activities.
- Maintain close communication with various DayGlo departments to effectively manage business.
Attend various trade-related functions that enhance account relationships and DayGlo’s position in market
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree and a minimum of 6-8 years’ relevant experience required.
- Experience within pigments, color, coatings, graphic arts, plastic sales field(s) preferred.
- Masters preferred
- Technical degree preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional at building morale and gaining group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Excellent at working independently