Senior Chemist - Cleveland, OH
Day-Glo Color Corp., the world’s largest manufacturer of daylight fluorescent pigments, has an opening for a Senior Chemist at their Cleveland R&D Headquarters. As an experienced, accomplished chemist, this individual will make significant contributions to support the technical objectives of Day-Glo. The selected candidate will provide expert technical support to all departments as well as customers, vendors and the technical community at large.
- Develops new and improved products, including testing and evaluation phases of raw materials and products developed in-house. Product development may also include work not under assigned laboratory projects that is long-term, innovative research.
- Provides Technical Service to Sales, Marketing and customers, as required. Prepares samples, answers questions and solves research and development related problems. May visit customer sites for trials or problem solving, as required.
- May provide analytical testing services. Develops methods and procedures. Selects proper test equipment.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all experiments, evaluations and communications.
- May provide production support and evaluate current formulas, as required.
- May develop contacts at key vendors to stay abreast of new developments.
- Continually enhances professional expertise by reading journals and attending professional and customer meetings and seminars.
- Adheres to laboratory safety policies.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, and preferably a Masters or PhD, plus five years of related experience. Knowledge of Day-Glo market areas, polymer chemistry, analytical chemistry, and computers is desirable. Previous experience working with color is preferred.